Konnectclub Event Platform has built-in support for interactive live-streaming of your ticketed shows. You can reach a large online audience and offer a high quality live-streamed virtual experience. With just one quick setting, you can add live-streaming to your existing event, or create a new virtual event.
Note: Live Streaming functionality is only available for events which are created with a Business Account. Your customers will be required to purchase a ticket for your event in order to gain access to the live stream.
Turn on Live Streaming
- For existing events, click "Edit' to go to Event Settings form. If you are creating a new event, you are already on this form before you hit Save.
- Scroll down to find the Live Stream Mode setting. Set this to "Interactive Broadcast".
- Save you event for the changes to take effect.
Once the live stream mode is turned on, your customers will see it indicated on the public event page. On the schedule date and time of your event, your customers will be able to view it directly on your event page. There is no additional software or download required.
Test Your Live Streaming
Once the live stream mode is turned on, you will be able to test it privately. This allows you to ensure that you are familiar with various controls and capabilities, as well test your A/V and network set-up.
In order to perform test, you must log-in to your business account dashboard and access the event page from there. On the event page, click the Test button to see the options to either Present or Watch the feed. We recommend doing both in two separate browser windows or, if possible, on two different computers/devices, in order to test the whole end-to-end experience.
Test as a Viewer
Click the "Watch" button. The box will convert to a feed viewer. It will indicate that no presentation has started yet. Once the presentation starts, it will automatically connect and start showing the feed.
Test as the Publisher
Important: You must allow both camera and mic access when you are prompted by the browser. If you accidentally didn't allow them first time, or of you have disabled them previously, you will need to go to website preference under your respective browser settings to reactivate it for www.konnectclub.com.
On a separate browser window, please click "Present" from the Test prompt. You will be taken the to the Live Stream Presenter virtual stage.
- Your virtual stage would look like the following with a live camera preview. At this point, you are in a "Preview" mode, not live yet.
- You can change your A/V settings by clicking the "Setup" button from the top panel. The setup will show you the following prompt. If you have an audio or video equipment connected to this computer, and if they are recognized as valid devices for your computer, then they will show up in the list.
- The setup prompt also allows you to select high definition audio bit-rate, stereo mode etc. Our virtual stage is designed for professional performance, hence we offer all these granular settings to play with.
- Once you have made your selections on the Setup prompt. please click "Apply". This is required as otherwise the changes will not take effect.
- At this point, you can go live by clicking the "Publish" button on top. Your stage will convert to Live mode, will also show a MOS indicator of your network performance, and a live count of your viewers. if you are testing your viewer on the same or nearby computer, please make sure to hit the Mute button from the top panel in your publisher stage to avoid audio feedback.
- Once you have published your feed, please visit back the widow that had the viewer on. You should see your live feed beaming in there.
The publisher interface also allows you to share your entire computer screen, or a program or a browser tab into your live-stream. Select the "Share Screen" option and follow through the prompt presented by your browser to select the desired application or the entire screen. You can select an additional option to include audio, if your browser supports sharing screen audio (currently supported only in Google Chrome on Windows and macOS). You can use the Setup options to tune your audio quality, or select the audio from another audio input device.
Share Screen option is not displayed on browsers where the functionality is not supported.
OBS Studio is a popular live-streaming software used for mixing multiple camera feeds, dynamic scene transitions, filters and many other functionalities. You can use OBS Studio with Konnectclub real-time live streaming using the following approach -
- Use Google Chrome browser on both Windows and macOS for this purpose
- Setup your OBS scenes as usual
- Right click on the main canvas area inside OBS Studio and then select Windowed Projector (Preview)
- On Konnectclub live-stream presentation stage, use the Share Screen mode and then select the OBS Projector window as the source of your video feed
- Do not route audio through OBS. You will continue to use audio source directly using the set-up.
For a full walk-through of the process, please see the following Video Guide.
Konnectclub live streaming platform is supported on a wide range of modern web browsers and devices. Please see below for a complete list.
Note: For publishers, we recommend using Google Chrome both on Windows and on macOS. Please make sure your browser version is up-to-date and there is no update pending. We do not recommend using iOS device or Android device for publishing high-quality live-stream.
Google Chrome for Windows and macOS (latest release version)
Google Chrome for Android (latest release version)
Google Chrome on iOS is not supported for publishing live-stream. We recommend using a Mac or a PC for publishing your live-stream reliably.
Microsoft Edge Chromium on Window (version 79+)
Internet Explorer 11 and Non-Chromium Edge versions are not supported
Firefox (latest release version)
Firefox for Android (latest release version)
Safari on macOS (latest version, 12.1+)
Screen sharing is only supported on Safari 13+ on macOS. External microphones may not work reliably.
Safari on iOS 12.2+ (latest version)
Screen sharing is not supported on Safari iOS. External microphones may not be recognized as an audio source.